Life is good with happy gorillas, not so much with evil clowns under your bed.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Murphy Owned Today

Ho. Lee. Cow.

Had an appointment at 9 on the other side of town for a research study involving people with RA. I felt pretty good, I thought. Got up, started waking up bodies, hopped into the shower. Then rushed around like a madwoman to get everyone ready and on the bus in the pouring rain. With much coaxing and yelling "I cannot take anyone to school today, get out there and wait for that damn bus!" I got the three older ones on their buses and was finishing up breakfast when there was a knock at the door. I thought it was the sitter but it was the neighbor. "The buses are coming back, there is no power at North, South or Central." AAAAAAUUUUGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I spent time making calls and texting parents then I drove my husband to work since his car was so horribly broken that it required another day to get fixed. Did I mention it was pouring down rain? When that happens in Central Ohio, everyone thinks the roads are covered with ice, or perhaps glue, because traffic slows to a crawl. Stop. Go. Stop. Go. Stop. Stop. Stop. Stop. Crawl.

I did make it to my appointment, only 5 minutes late. I answered a bunch of questions, verified that I could, in fact, read and write, then was taken to see a rheumatologist who would do a standard joint check. I said I was feeling really good today, which was great, explained my 4 week flare from hell, but that I was all better. Then he started checking joints. Ow. Ow. Ow. oooo, yeah that one hurts too. Ow. Ow. Ow. Suddenly I wasn't feeling so confident and good. He got to my knees. "Whoa, you've got some osteoarthritis going on here, don't you?" Then he muttered "geez, your kneecap is way over there, how do you walk unaided?" I dunno, they've been like that since I was a kid, I just walk.

I'm in the study, at least I'm getting paid. Ah the joys of being decrepit. I remembered to pick up my antibiotics and came home to my middle son smiling bigger than the Cheshire Cat. He was happy to be home from school, and happier still that the kindergarteners still had to go, albeit on a two hour delay. Their school, and the high school, are apparently on a different grid, and they never lost power.

They have no school tomorrow, or Monday. You would think that with everything going haywire today, and having a house full of kids two days in a row would make me crazy. Or maybe you think I should be depressed to find out that while I felt better in general, my joints are still inflamed and tender. You would be wrong.

I picked up some Smarties at Walgreens. Ya hear that Wal-Mart? I got them anyway, despite your best efforts to keep them from me! HA!

1 comment:

  1. A day in the life! Hang in there, Sis, the weekend is upon us!